Coordinator - Recreation & Sport Services
The Recreation Association of the Public Service of Canada (RA) is currently recruiting a skilled and dedicated member service orientated individual to join our Recreation, Sport and Fitness Team.
Under the direction of the Managers of Recreational Club Services and Sports League Operations, the Coordinator of Recreation & Sport Services will undertake various responsibilities to support existing RA clubs, programs and services and new business development initiatives, such as:
- Contribute to a positive and inclusive environment by maintaining a friendly rapport with all who participate at the RA.
- Assists in planning, promoting, implementing, supervising, and coordinating RA Recreation Club Services and Sport Leagues.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with the general public and those contacted in the course of work.
- Promotes interest and participation, drive membership and support customer retention initiatives.
- Actively researches potential new programs or business development opportunities.
- Generate support and enthusiasm of leaders, participants, groups, and agencies in recreation programs.
- Work closely with volunteer RA Club Executive Committees to accomplish necessary business and service requirements.
- Liaise with RA communications department for print and web material serving as promotional materials or ongoing operational requirements.
- Coordinate all documentation or invoices for volunteers, contractors and staff.
- Coordinate satisfaction surveys.
- Manage equipment portfolio including budgeting, purchasing, booking procedures and upkeep of supplies.
- Ensure the facility and equipment meets the safety and cleanliness standards established for the Clubs.
- Work cooperatively with Facilities and Property Services to ensure facilities are reserved and maintained to deliver high quality programs and league activities.
- Work cooperatively with Hospitality Services to drive incremental sales by bringing more people and teams to the RA’s restaurant and banquet room facilities.
- Represent the RA at Club Executive Committee or Team Captain Meetings when necessary.
- Work co-operatively with the staff, and management to coordinate tournaments and special events and to ensure all aspects of Recreation, Sport and Fitness Services remain a healthy and vibrant division of the RA Centre.
The successful candidate must be a team player with:
- Completion of a post-secondary education in Leisure Studies, Recreation Management or a related field is preferred.
- Public relations experience and customer service oriented
- Knowledge of principles and requirements used in administering leisure services, recreation and sport activities
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be able to master Excel. MS Word, Outlook, and Web based software
This 12-month contract position is based on a 37.5 hour work week (hours include weekends & evenings).
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants should submit a letter of introduction as well as their resume. Applications will be accepted by mail or by e-mail.
Director, Recreation, Sport and Fitness
The Recreation Association of the Public Service of Canada
2451 Riverside Drive,
Ottawa, ON K1H 7X7
PLEASE ensure that the title of the Job is included in the subject line of your email.
Deadline for application is Wednesday, March 15, 2017
The RA is an equal opportunity employer.